BAIMUN is committed to connecting youth leaders of the world. We are encouraging youth leaders who are ready to tackle the world issues by contributing in ideas and solutions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. BAIMUN II this year come with 6 councils, more than 900 delegates expected, 1 full day of meeting sessions, prestigious diplomatic dinner, cultural Bali kampong tour and awesome inspiring speakers.
- Bali Asia International MUN (BAIMUN) welcomes youth between the ages of 17 and 25 years old from All over the World who wants to have experience in Model UN or have high interest in global affairs and cultural heritage to be the delegates of Bali Asia International MUN.
- The delegates must be enrolled in High School/ University Students or graduate of High School/ University or must be enrolled in International Organizations/ Institutions/ Companies.
Country and Council Assignment
Country and council assignments are determined by a variety of factors, including motivation letter, Model United Nations experience and quota of council. If you are not assigned in one of the councils you requested, delegates will be allocated in their second or third council preferences. However, If the quota is full the committee has the right to allocate to the other council.
Bali International Convention Centre is internationally renowned conference facilities in the southernmost tip of Bali. Located in a secluded enclave with access control by private security in the exclusive BTDC complex, and just 10 kilometers from Bali’s international airport and 25 minutes from the chic and vivacious Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak districts, Nusa Dua exceeds all expectations as a world class tourist and business destination.
Tropical coral reefs protect the magnificent beaches of Nusa Dua, creating an idyllic environment for a wide variety of water sports and activities. Beautifully manicured gardens surrounds the conventions, hotels, shopping galleries, restaurants and bars.
Bali is Indonesia’s main tourist destination, which has seen a significant rise in tourists since the 1980s. Tourism-related business makes up 80% of its economy. It is renowned for its highly developed arts, including traditional and modern dance, sculpture, painting, leather, metalworking, and music. The Indonesian International Film Festival is held every year in Bali. In March 2017, TripAdvisor named Bali as the world’s top destination in its Traveller’s Choice award
Bali is part of the Coral Triangle, the area with the highest biodiversity of marine species. In this area alone, over 500 reef-building coral species can be found. For comparison, this is about seven times as many as in the entire Caribbean. Most recently, Bali was the host of the Miss World 2013 and 2018 Annual Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group. Bali is the home of the Subak irrigation system, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Financial Aid & Guide to Fundraising
There is no financial aid available to support applicants at this time. We suggest applicants to check local organizations for sources of subsidy and support. Delegates can apply sponsorship to certain company/organization or school/college. Delegates may use the proposal and letter of acceptance as necessary document for sponsorship approval.
The steps :
After you are registered and accepted as Delegate in BAIMUN you will receive your LoA. You can use your LoA as the attached page on the Sponsorship Proposal. You can submit your sponsorship Proposal to your school or university, alumnae group, or lecturer funding, or even local government.
Travel Arrangements, Hotels and Food
- Delegates are required to make their own arrangements for flight tickets to and from Bali, Indonesia, as well as for accommodation during the conference. However, BAIMUN provides Airport Assistance, shuttle bus from the Airport to the hotel, and BICC for full accommodation delegates.
- Non accommodation delegates could use local public transport such as Taxi, or GRAB and GOCAR (Online Taxi provider via app, similar to UBER).
BAIMUN provides all delegates meals with a variety of options based on the delegates preference such as vegetarian food or other special dietary needs caused by the health conditions. Delegates are responsible for their own food preferences, BAIMUN only give precautions.
BAIMUN provides delegates with 4-star accommodation with a sharing room for 2 or 3 persons (full accommodation delegates only). Hotels allocation willfully decided by the committee. Special request regarding hotels will be accommodated as long as needed and suitable.
- All fees are non-refundable* (TnC for refund)*.
- The provision of payment will be informed in the letter of commitment that will be provided by the committee.
REFUND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All fees are non-refundable (TnC for refund).
- The provision of payment will be informed by the committee. All delegates in BAIMUN are required to abide by the rules of BAIMUN to ensure the comfort and safety of the delegates.
As an event organised by Non-Governmental Organisation we are also required to implement the Term and conditions of BAIMUN .Refund Policy (at the latest 60 days before the event) delegate can request for refund by their own merits if :
- Visa Rejection;
- Chronic Disease
- Family Loss
- Conflict in the country: War, natural disaster, travel banknote: Delegates will be in charged for any international transfer fee, The refund process will take up to 60 days.